Title: "White Lies"
Written by: Winny
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Mild shounen-ai, mild language, angst (aka unsuitable drama for the SiFoC universe), obscurity, manipulation, confusion, OOC-ness, amateur writing. (Tell me I've scared you off by now. <3)
Main Characters: Felix, Adrian
Pairing: Or is there?
Time Frame: Somewhere pre-Scotty (Gasp)
Theme: #5 (Layered)
Disclaimer: Characters are property of Tricycle.
Important Notes: If this is too long for the drabble challenge, or if my twisting of the theme is inappropriate, then that's fine. This'll just go under the fanfiction category. My excuse is that I currently don't have any programs to on this computer that counts the number of words. Ah, well. xD Feel free to speculate and/or criticize. No need for flattery.
Useless Notes: Written while eating the last Haagen-dazs ice cream bar with almonds.



The morning sun, yet to be spoiled by the brazen effects of midday, hovered benignly over its grateful recipients, painting the school's campuses with its temperate palette.

Yawn.

Adrian subtly checked his watch in anticipation; the inexplicable desire for classes to begin was only adding to his bout of restiveness, and perhaps, the contrast of his friend's stormy demeanor was more than a little inconvenient. Nevertheless, even the world's discomfort would hardly contribute to an early bell, and so, the brunette grudgingly reclined against the fountain's base, quietly scrutinizing the frustration that was Felix.

The boy was inconspicuous at best to those who lacked his familiarity, attempting to uphold his usual front of nonchalance as he nibbled on what appeared to be some inferior choice of breakfast: a pastry or something or other. Felix wasn't facing him, or at least was making a pointed effort not to as he would continually discover some sort of error with his food or position.

And Felix was definitely not a finicky eater.

Twitch, prod, twitch. Shift, twitch, nibble. Repeat.

"Felix."

The boy paused as though caught amidst some sinful act of indecency.

"Yeah?"

"Something wrong?"

He recommenced the jerky activity, his eyes curiously trained to the flaky pastry.

"Uh... Why?"

"Well," Adrian spoke with the beginnings of an amused smile, a reprieve at last, though the first of that morning. "You're having a seizure."

"The hell? Am not!" Felix retaliated vehemently, childishly. A distrustful defense. Although those same, defensive, blue eyes flickered with something aflame, striking his friend. A grating desire.

He would not see it, of course. He smiled instead.

"Alright, you arn't," he said simply, his face stretched into seeming deference.

Dumbfounded, Felix merely stared, the flame staggering in its brilliance, crackling with confusion to the other's relief. Abruptly, a faceless voice caught their attention. "Oi, Felix!"

Grateful for the interruption, Adrian relaxed as their acquaintance attempted to remove Felix with talk of soccer and flattery. Definitely not as suave as he was, but Adrian said nothing. Though his thoughts were promptly revoked as Felix rose, unusually quieted despite the noisy third wheel, and bore a glare into Adrian's guarded eyes. A glare of white hail, pelting his friend with layers upon layers of an arctic accusal. Of resentment. You don't fool me.

They left. The bell rang. Adrian remained seated. He could afford a tardy. After all, he could always think of an adequate excuse.

Things were like that. Nothing changes. Steadiness will return. No one can prevent him from getting his way.

Not even himself.